The fiercest cricketer, who has established an identity for himself and for the whole country in the world of cricket, is Virat Kohli. Since 2008, the world of cricket witnessed a young talent. This Delhi gem has entered the international cricket field for the very first time in 2008, against Sri Lanka in an ODI match.
Virat Kohli has been through thick and thin to become what he is today. He had a hard time losing his father, Prem Kohli, during his Ranji Trophy Match. But that did not stop him from becoming the captain of the Indian Cricket Team at a very young age!
His batting skills, passion towards cricket and a little aggressive attitude made him gain a huge fan base. Here are some interesting facts of the arguably best cricketer of India, Virat Kohli that every Indian must know:
- He is one of those 8 cricketers across the world who have scored 20 ODI centuries, following Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina. He has scored 23 centuries till today.
- Virat Kohli’s nickname is ‘Chiku’. This name has been given by Delhi state coach, Ajit Chaudhary.
- In Ranji Trophy, Virat Kohli represented Delhi against Karnataka and scored 90 runs. It’s the day on which his father has passed away.
- Kohli, at a very young age of 23, was named as the ICC ODI Cricketer of the year 2012.
- Virat Kohli’s first crush is the beautiful Bollywood Actress, Karishma
- Kohli loves tattoos and he got inked four times! His favourite tattoo that he has got himself is the ‘Samurai Warrior Tattoo’.
- Kohli has established a charity foundation called Virat Kohli Foundation, to raise funds for underprivileged children.
- Kohli has been rated by the UK-based magazine as the second most marketable athlete of the world and the first being Lewis Hamilton. He outranked Lionel Messi, Ronaldo and Bolt in the list.
- Virat is an expert in playing not only cricket but also Tennis.
- Kohli’s favourite subjects are English and History.